Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

All ready to go trick or treating!
Olivia is dressed as your classic 50's girl. She does have a really cute dress but she informed me that she really is only comfortable wearing dresses to church. So rolled up jeans it is! Meredith is sporting the Pebbles costume that Shaunna made for Lynzi probably 12 years ago. I never could get anyone else to wear it. (Modesty issues!) A turtle neck and leggings took care of that! Hannah is dressed for a day at the spa. She has her facial mask on, fake eyelashes and bright red polish!
Halloween is becoming much like any other holiday. It is spread out over several days and events! Last Saturday we had our ward party. This included costumes, games, trunk or treat, and hot dogs over the fire. It really was fun. The weather was beautiful and the girls enjoyed themselves. Then on Thursday (because of our 4 day school week) the girls all had their class parties. This included different costumes for Hannah and Meredith. Olivia stuck firm to her "50's girl" through all three events. Hannah came home on Wednesday night and informed me that she needed cookies and vegi's for her party. Wouldn't be bad but I worked in the shop until 9:30pm. Bless her heart, she made sugar cookies all by herself. She did a great job but there were not enough for her class, so I got up really early on thur. and made more. We did get it all done. Then on the actual Halloween, we met at grandpa Gary's and went Trick or Treating with the Anderson cousins. We had not had near enough sugar yet! But I was not about to pass up the opportunity. It is not every day that all the cousins can go together. Hannah, Blake, and Cody are almost to the too old stage and that makes me a little sad. Next year I will have more children not trick or treating than I have trick or treating. Thanksgiving here we come!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

They looked SO cute! I'm sad that Hannah is going to be too old to TRICK OR TREAT next year. It seems like last year she was just three. I don't really know where the last 8 years went.

provobaileys said...

who says that Hannah will be to old next year. We had girls and boys that were 15 years old come trick or treating to our house. Several sets of kids that age, all carrying pillow cases full of candy. I joked with one girl that she would have enough to last her till next Halloween and she informed me that she still had some left from last year. gross old candy, and gross who needs that much candy. Love the costumes by the way.

Tammy said...

What great costumes. They look great. It sounds like another sucessful Halloween!