Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Okay, so it's my birthday. Its not a big one, like 40 (jk Dani!)...just my 38th. I started thinking awhile ago about how I would like to spend it. I took the day off and decided to do whatever I wanted. Well, I got a little pouty because I really wanted to spend it with my Mom and sisters. I knew that was not possible but we are planning our very own little retreat after the first of the year so I am okay with all of that but...the closer it came the more I chickened out of everything I had planned on doing. Its just not much fun to go by yourself and I didn't have the heart to ask anyone else to go spend tons of money at this time of year! I had finally just decided to stay home and organize my digital photo's. As of last night that was my plan. Well...I woke up this morning and made my bed, worked out on my treadmill and took a shower. I really stayed in my room until Joel came in and let me know that breakfast was ready. I came out and the girls had hung streamers and balloons all over the kitchen! They had the table set with party plates, hats and the works! Mind you its only 6:30am so they had to have stayed up and did it after I went to bed last night! I was so excited! We had breakfast and opened presents. Brittin and Taylor informed me that they were taking the day off of school to spend it with me and to make sure I did something fun. (A big sacrifice I know) So.....we went to Alamosa and scheduled pedicures. We had some time to kill and so we went to several stores and just priced raisins. When we got to the nail salon they informed me that my good friend Janella had called ahead and paid for my pedicure. She had it upgraded to the "Deluxe" version. I have a very strong suspicion that she was in on the whole make sure Anjeanette does something fun today plan! What a sweetheart! Okay, so I have got to get me one of those pedicure chairs. Oh my! A little piece of heaven. It had a little jacuzzi tub thing for your feet and a massage thing for your back! And it just got better from there!! My feet feel so awesome! We went and had Chinese food for lunch that was to die for! When they brought the fortune cookies we each picked one. I then made everyone rotate them to the person on the right! Well you can imagine the chuckle we got when my fortune read: "You are never too old to learn new things!" As we left there, we window shopped our way to the car. Its amazing the stores we have in downtown Alamosa that I never paid attention to before. We saw fudge in the window of a flower shop and we just had to go in. Needless to say we each had to get a piece of our favorite fudge! We were good and stuffed after all of that. We had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart. (You cant go to Alamosa and not go to Wal-Mart). We had to hurry home so the girls could get to dance practice. I have to say...."What a fun day!" When people find out I have all girls they usually say something to the effect, "I am so sorry". Well, dont be because they are quite fun to have around. Thanks girls for making my birthday so memorable!

3 comments:

Dani, Mark and Kids said...

Sounds like a fun day you and the girls had. Wish I could be there to go to "Twilight" tomorrow with you. Happy Birthday.

T Huffaker and son's + Chloe said...

What a fun day!! I wish I didn't have the flu, and could of went with you guys. I know I am not your daughter, but hey you have been in my life longer that my mom ever was so that has to count for something, right. Well we will just have to party hard when we go to the movie. I am so glad you had such a fun day!

Tammy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!I am so glad that you had a great day.