Taylor, Cody and Tate enjoying the warm fall weather!
Hunting season is over! For me, it lasted for an eternity as usual. I think everyone else involved might feel really bad to see another chance for "waylaying some dumb animal" gone by the wayside. Joel had a wonderful time enjoying archery season. Taylor had two tags; black powder elk and rifle antelope. She loves hunting black powder. I think that is because she gets to hunt with Brad and Nancy. They really do have a great time. Brittin had a 1st season rifle Elk tag. (I use all of these terms like I have a clue what they mean!) She is not featured here because unless she had horns to show off, she didn't want her picture displayed! Hannah was able to go duck hunting for the first time and killed two ducks. (I cant find the memory card with that photo so I will post it later. So this is what hunting means to me. I am very grateful when it puts meat in our freezer. I think elk burger is better than beef burger. It means that Joel gets to spend time one on one with the girls as they get too old to climb up on his lap and snuggle. Its a way to bond that they are all comfortable with. I don't understand the thrill of hunting but I do appreciate the fact that it runs thick in Joel's blood and therefore it also runs through the veins of my girls. I don't know if I will ever get used to my beautiful daughters coming home with blood on their clothes and hands and being excited about it! This year we didnt have to worry about that! Okay, Taylor would freak if she had to have blood or any other foreign substance on her hands for very long. She also has to get up early enough so that she can have her hair and make-up on before she goes hunting! ( Now thats my girl!) I am learning to love the fall inspite of the fact that it means my husbands neck gets all big and he has a tendency to rub his head against trees on occasion (j/k)!! Its the passing of summer and it means that winter will be here soon. But the colors are beautiful and it smells sooooo good outside! So there you have it...hunting season as seen through my eyes!
Hunting season is over! For me, it lasted for an eternity as usual. I think everyone else involved might feel really bad to see another chance for "waylaying some dumb animal" gone by the wayside. Joel had a wonderful time enjoying archery season. Taylor had two tags; black powder elk and rifle antelope. She loves hunting black powder. I think that is because she gets to hunt with Brad and Nancy. They really do have a great time. Brittin had a 1st season rifle Elk tag. (I use all of these terms like I have a clue what they mean!) She is not featured here because unless she had horns to show off, she didn't want her picture displayed! Hannah was able to go duck hunting for the first time and killed two ducks. (I cant find the memory card with that photo so I will post it later. So this is what hunting means to me. I am very grateful when it puts meat in our freezer. I think elk burger is better than beef burger. It means that Joel gets to spend time one on one with the girls as they get too old to climb up on his lap and snuggle. Its a way to bond that they are all comfortable with. I don't understand the thrill of hunting but I do appreciate the fact that it runs thick in Joel's blood and therefore it also runs through the veins of my girls. I don't know if I will ever get used to my beautiful daughters coming home with blood on their clothes and hands and being excited about it! This year we didnt have to worry about that! Okay, Taylor would freak if she had to have blood or any other foreign substance on her hands for very long. She also has to get up early enough so that she can have her hair and make-up on before she goes hunting! ( Now thats my girl!) I am learning to love the fall inspite of the fact that it means my husbands neck gets all big and he has a tendency to rub his head against trees on occasion (j/k)!! Its the passing of summer and it means that winter will be here soon. But the colors are beautiful and it smells sooooo good outside! So there you have it...hunting season as seen through my eyes!



3 comments:
Great pictures Taylor. I miss being in the valley during hunting season. Hunting season always ment that dad and the boys were up in the hills hunting, and mom, Heather and I got to do what ever we wanted. We would hangout with Cindy, go to Alamosa or just hang out at home with the men. Of course I would get really excited when they came home with big horns in the truck. Remember the year of the great white hunters (Todd Betz) who couldn't stay inthe hills because of snow, so they stayed with us for a week? Anyway thank you Anjeanette for letting me remember hunting season is the valley.
I ment with out the men!!!!!
Okay in that picture you can hardly tell i had to wake up 45 minutes early because it looks like i just woke up!! Next year my goal is to be able to do my hair and make it last the whole day! (J/K) My real goal is to kill a big bull!!
:)Taylor
Post a Comment