Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homecoming Royalty 2008

Homecoming Royalty Sanford High School 2008

Brittin with her escort (and cousin) Austin Edgar.
When the Royalty was announced last week, we laughed because poor Austin was related to four of the five girls! (Welcome to Sanford where we don't have a gene pool we have a shallow gene puddle!) So we were not surprised when he and Brittin were paired together. We have always teased them that they look more like brother and sister than cousins! Needless to say, when the other girls got kissed by their escorts, Brittin and Austin felt a hug would be more appropriate!
Brittin made her grand entrance on this red mustang driven by her dad! She looked absolutely beautiful. I was a little surprised by her dress. It was not the one she planned on wearing. When we got to the game she decided her dress was too "poofy". My dear friend Pixie came to our rescue. She had her daughter Chera take her to their house to see if they had something for her! It worked great. It was fun. Her Grandpa Gary, Aunt Cindy, and Aunt Heather all came to watch her! Thanks guys!!!

Its been a fun week. Since our school is all combined, Homecoming is for everyone. The little girls took great joy in dressing up all week for the different days. We had the parade on Thursday. The theme was decades. Taylor's class dressed from the 70's. Hannah's was the 80's (I still don't think they should be dressing up for that! It offends me! Hits too close to home for me I guess!) Olivia's class was the 50's, and Meredith's class dressed up as cowboys and Indian's, (whatever decade that was from). I went to take picture of them and my camera batteries were dead. I took photo's on my video camera. As soon as I can corner Brittin or Taylor to show me how to get them from there to here I will post them. They all looked so cute.
Thursday night we had an assembly where they presented the Royalty. They played a fun trivia game where we were able to learn some fun things about each of the kids involved. Taylor cheered and danced. It was fun to watch her. She danced with such personality! After that we all went to the bonfire; ate doughnuts and drank hot cocoa! The game was last night. We won by an obscene amount. Tonight is the dance. Taylor and Brittin went with all of their friends and I really hope they are having a good time. Joel even got to go and chaperon. So I am here enjoying the quiet as the little girls are asleep and my house is clean. It wont last long, as everyone else will be home soon and tomorrow is Conference Sunday so you know what that can do to a house!

4 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Brittin looks so pretty! I love the dress! And the mustang was quite fancy (I like the '69 model myself) whose is it? It sounds like everyone had a great time at Homecoming!

Dani, Mark and Kids said...

You look wonderful Brit, Wish I could've been there for all the festivites. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. And Taylor I 've never got to see you cheer and dance. Maybe I can soon.

Melisa said...

She is so beautiful! Makes me miss the good old days at Sanford High!