Saturday, February 14, 2009

Its' finally here!!


So last fall we finally made the executive decision to take Joel's summer earnings and purchase a Shaver Wood Furnace. Its like a wood stove outside that heats your house inside! (Ya so figure that one out. If you really want to know, I will have Joel explain it!) Anyway, we sent the check in August. Well, its February now and winter is almost over. The propane bill I was trying to save on still had to be paid...three times. But, never again! After much delivery drama (it weighs a ton...literally) and help from Nick, it was finally delivered on Monday! The next step was getting it up on the cement slab. Our Bishop and good friend Tanner Bagwell came to the rescue. He brought his forklift and between he and Joel they did it! What a project! The plumber will come this week and he and Joel will get it up and running. Hopefully by next weekend it will be our main source of heat. We really don't know just how much wood it will take so maybe we will be glad it came this late. Hopefully we have enough cut. If not...you know what we will be doing all summer!

7 comments:

Dani, Mark and Kids said...

Yeah!!!!!! Now all of you will get to haul wood!! I bet Joel was pretty cheezed!!

Nancy said...

That's a cute little house that the stove or whatever it's called is in! I like it and I'm glad you will be staying warm.

provobaileys said...

So is that any thing like a smoke house. Can't wait to see if it works. When you don't have to pay for propane what are you going to do with all that extra money. Come to Utah?

Tammy said...

If you come to utah I want to be invisted to visit with all of you. In fact I think if you are looking for an adopted sister. I am it...I am already realated so it would be much of a strech! I hope it works better than you imagined. Can't wait to see you this summer at the reunion. I am way excited!

provobaileys said...

okay we had the same valentines background not fair that we have the same st. patricks day one too. well it just means that great minds think and create alike, either that or that we are sisters. or both

Surat Diaries said...

Very cool,those seem to be popping up everywhere...so maybe thats a good sign:)

Brittin Marie said...

thank heavens....hour long showers baby!