Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Meredith's Birthday Party

Taylor and I decided to go all out for Meredith's Birthday this year. Taylor decided to use it as a Young Women's project and she put so much time and energy into it. We made lady bug bean bags, lady bug invitations you name it. It turned out so cute. I really didn't think that we could keep eight little girls entertained for two hours but it almost was not enough time for all that was planned! When the girls first got there we gave them each sidewalk chalk and had them create a flower garden on our sidewalk. It worked great to get them involved while we waited for everyone to get there. We then went into the house and painted all of their nails red. So their nails could dry we put lady bug headbands on and while we played "Flight of the Bumblebee" the girls flew from leaf to leaf and when the music stopped whoever didn't have a leaf was out. Like musical chairs. Being out meant going to Brittin and she drew a lady bug on two of their fingernails. (I got to do the topcoat!) They loved it. The played games like pin the lady bug on the leaf, Mrs Lady Bug has lost her spots where they tossed black bean bags onto a large spotless lady bug, and lady bug toss where they tried to toss their lady bugs onto their leafs. We couldn't really get a great shot of how cute their nails turned out so just use your imagination! I had to put the bean bag in their just because I was quite proud of that!
This cake was a combined effort. I did everything but the black on the lady bug. I lost patience and had Joel come finish. He is so good at that. Check out the oreo cookie lady bug in the corner. Taylor had the girls make those as a project.

Cute Birthday Girl!!!
We served watermelon and grapes, chocolate covered strawberries, pbj and ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch.


I wish you could see all of the details. She had flowers lining the side walk, red streamers and black dots decorating the porch and of course the girls made a great flower garden on the sidewalk. (The chalk looked great tracked throughout my house! I didn't think about that!) It was cute. She sent them all home with a bag of goodies that included their head-bands, bean bags and they could each pick a flower. A good time was had by all. Meredith said, "I cant wait until my party next year!" HUH!!




4 comments:

Nancy said...

How cute!!! I think Taylor should be the Party Planner. The cake is really cute. What a great idea!

Dani, Mark and Kids said...

What a cute idea. Sure wish Izzy could have gone, but of course that wasn't an option. Happy Birthday Meredith!!!! We love you alot. Blake loves the oreo cookies lady bugs.

provobaileys said...

Okay who is the over achiever now, I am so proud of you guys right now that I am crying. It looks like so much fun. Lance cried when I told him that merideth was having a party but that it was to far away for us to go.

Stacie said...

Cute, cute, cute!! It sounds like Meredith had a great party. I hope my girls will be great older sisters like Taylor and Brittan. Give Meredith a big hug from us!